ERYT-500 Yoga Instructor, C-IAYT Yoga Therapist and Studio Owner
To say that I love yoga is an understatement. I have practiced since I was a law student back in 1983. I sought out a class at the YMCA to help alleviate stress and immediately felt at ease both mentally and physically on my mat. I continued practicing while a prosecutor in Chicago, and through several international moves with my family. We arrived in Wisconsin where I began to take my love of yoga to a deeper level and became a teacher.
I have been teaching for over ten years now and the more I teach and experience the healing power of yoga, I simply want to share this wonderful practice with as many people as I can. I am fascinated by the connection of the body, mind, heart and spirit and meeting all through the healing modalities of yoga and meditation. We all have an innate healing potential; and I love facilitating our student’s ability to recognize and foster that potential through movement, breath, mudra and meditation. Yoga is for everyone – all body shapes, all abilities! I feel after a practice we all walk off of our mats and into the world a bit more at peace and ease. I relish being a part of that process!
When not studying or practicing yoga, I enjoy kayaking, hiking, traveling, cooking and reading – as well as spending time with my husband, three children and two naughty bulldogs!
I look forward to seeing you in the studio!
- Certified Yoga Therapist through the International Association of Yoga Therapists
- 500 hour Experience Registered Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance
- 500 hour Certification with Alignment Yoga studying with Scott Anderson
- Certified in Yoga for Scoliosis from Elise Browning Miller
- Certified Yoga for Healthy Aging instructor from Baxter Bell
- Certified SATYA Somatics teacher from Prajna Studios/Tias Little
- Certified Mindfulness Meditation Teacher from Tara Brach and Jack Kornfield
- Level 1 iRest Yoga Nidra Instructor
- Completed 20 hour training in Trauma Center – Trauma Sensitive Yoga